NFT Metadata Refresh Rate
Our NFT metadata is refreshed using a suite of automated heuristics:
- Event-driven - refreshed through significant on-chain events (e.g. transfer events for ERC721 and ERC1155 (EVM), as well as any change in URL)
- Dynamic flagging - we identify when a collection's metadata changes over time, and queue up appropriate refreshes
- Intelligent prioritization of top contracts to ensure they are always refreshed periodically
- Comparison with other providers to surface differences
- Sampling-driven checks on randomized collections
- Additionally, users are able to flag when they find that any NFT (identified by contractAddress, tokenId) object is stale here at the stale-nft API. This helps us keep the finger on the pulse and make sure we're always providing the most up-to-date data.